Wednesday, March 24, 2010

s-s-s-springtime

Here's the first hour's evidence of what eventually became 24 hours of this weird combination of concrete and glue. It weighed a ton and stuck to everything, including the electrical and phone wires. Last night, the landscape looked lunar, breaking tree limbs sounded like cannon fire, and the lights flickered like candles. This morning, a wire somewhere snapped, and we went off the grid.  It was enough to forestall breakfast, forego a warm shower and convince me I'm not a pioneer. But it's springtime, so now it's sunny and warming and over. Except for the mud.     

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Whoa! That is really powerful weather. I'm glad you've got your power back. I know just what you mean about being energy independent. Maybe some day.

Mud. Glorious mud. Yeah, right.

Jala Pfaff said...

Cool photo.
It's not "over," though, if you look at my supposed gardening area in the back. Some pots are still under about 3 feet of snow. I went to try to literally move it today...and I couldn't. Literally couldn't make it budge. There go my peas.

word: epedable

Anonymous said...

Capricious nature of nature. We've been on solar power for our hot water for the past 8 years.
Hoping to be on solar electric in the next few.
You learn a deep respect for things often taken for granted when you live in a place with frequent power outages and hurricanes.

loriann signori said...

Wow, Colorado is CRAZY...what a Spring!