Wednesday, January 4, 2012

braggadocio


What a way to start the new year!
The Liebster Blog Award has been given to
samartdog by Reform School Art.



Liebster is a German word that translates as
favorite or dearest
The award originated in Germany
 and is intended to recognize up and coming bloggers.
 Those distinguished by this award have
fewer than 200 followers. 

In keeping with its pay-it-forward tradition, 
I have nominated the following five six blogs for the award.
To me, they qualify because of their art and/or humor.
Also, they are all damn interesting.

Brian Eppley Paintings
Sippican Cottage

I'm truly thankful that Patricia Kessler nominated me
 and especially to have been chosen by a blog called
Reform School Art.
(I just heard some of my former teachers roll over.)
How cool is that?!
Well, it's as cool as being defined as favorite or dearest. 
And to be called up and coming at my age?
I'll take it!
Then we get to
  fewer than 200 followers.
Uh-oh.
You should know that sometimes
 I have a hard time with the rules.
Some of my favorite blogs rack up huge numbers.
Small wonder, given how long they've been at this,
how world-class their art and/or blogs are,
or how prolific they are.

Then there are the rest of us.
We just might be too
busy,
lazy,
shy,
elitist
or celibate
to have enough followers to populate small towns.
Good news! We either make money doing what we love,
or we qualify for The Liebster!
Life is good.

11 comments:

Kevin Mizner said...

I want to thank you for nominating me for the one-of-a-kind and extremely prestigious Liebster Award! In accepting this award, I wish to thank all of the little people. Seriously, nobody who reads my blog is over 6'2". I am sure that when I eventually reach the lofty heights of having 200 followers, we can all look back at this and say, "remember when?" Thank you!

Patricia said...

So thrilled that you nominated a few for this award because, as it turns out, one of my nominees actually received a LA before!!
Just an aside, since you are in Boulder, do you know Joan Wolbier?

Celeste Bergin said...

Well, congratulations, Sam! You certainly qualify for the "favorite or dearest" award..I am very pleased for you! I love the variety of your work and a bonus is that you have a gift for writing too.
wir haben ein gutes Leben!

SamArtDog said...

Kevin--
Absolutely vertiginous, eh?

Thanks again, Patricia.
No, 'fraid I've never heard of Joan Wolbier.

Celeste--
You're such a wonderful support.
Ich bin sehr glücklich!

Sheila Vaughan said...

It's been a wonderful day - seen the back of Emily D, got to push some real black charcoal around, saw an unbelievably chilling out romantic french film (La Fille du puisatier) and ended on the high of stupendously tactile dip mold on the Arting around SOVA blog. I bet I have that wrong but I am now on a new window and daren't go back in case I lose this. Cheers Sam. They are feting you in Hamburg as I speak! (I am sure now the Euro is safe).

SamArtDog said...

Sheila--
I'm embarrassed to admit that, due to a tortuous lack of sleep, I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. Even typing this is proving to be a challenge. I don't know that I even remembered to tell Hallie Harper (Arting Around In Sova) about my nominating her. Yikes. Worse than that, I'm sure that I intended to nominate you, as well. You definitely deserve it!

So, though I'm relatively lost here, I'm pretty sure I owe you a thank-you, an apology and an award. Rest assured (boy, does that ever sound good!), my intentions are as golden as that silly goose's egg. :0]

loriann signori said...

Congrats Sam....it is good to be noticed! And you SHOULD be! Your blog is one of my faves. brava!

hw (hallie) farber said...

Congratulations and thank you. Hallie Farber (aka Hallie Harper).
Sorry about the dip mold. I'm off to read Kevin Mizner's blog now because I'm only 5'6".

brian eppley said...

Thanks Sam. These award things are weird. Much like blog followers although less pronounced. It seems most folks want their face on as many blogs as possiblble or vice versa. I say don't follow....lead.

SamArtDog said...

Sheila--
I got some sleep. I feel better. Still dopey, but better.

Loriann--
Thanks. You know how it is... sometimes a girl just wants some notification. :o]

Hallie--
Harper is apetalk for Farber.

Brian--
You are so right.

Blogger said...

Discover how THOUSAND of people like YOU are working for a LIVING online and are fulfilling their dreams right NOW.
GET FREE ACCESS INSTANLY