Monday, June 24, 2013

fair weather clouds


When I did this painting in May,
it reminded me of the 4UR, a ranch in southern Colorado
 which belongs to some good friends of ours.
.
It's one of the most beautiful places that I know of.
Anywhere on earth.


Fair weather clouds build most afternoons.
Sadly, they now have become horrible smoke clouds,
created by the West Fork Complex fire.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23527264/west-fork-complex-fire-at-76-000-acres

 Colorado is burning.


7 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

Oh I am so sorry about the fires!! I hope it all stops soon. This is a beautiful painting.

SamArtDog said...

Thanks, Celeste. Not counting marginal composition, I like the painting, too. But hey, I'm not about to criticize the arrangement of the clouds. After all, we did it to ourselves.

Page Pearson Railsback said...

Sam This is a MAGNIFICENT painting..in ALL ways. I love it..VERY inspiring. Stay safe..I will send good thoughts and love to CO and all of you there

SamArtDog said...

Thanks, Page. You're very generous.

hw (hallie) farber said...

This is a really beautiful painting (magnificent was taken)--I don't remember seeing it in May.

Stay safe.

SamArtDog said...

Hallie, I squoze this one in right after the trip to YouCan'tGetThereblahblahblah. Forgot to post it.

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Beautiful painting. I've been watching the news on Colorado burning. I hope it stops soon!