Monday, March 19, 2012

fair trade


Never miss the chance to make the virtual real.
Crossing over from cyberspace to face-to-face
can be extraordinary.
Last weekend, Katherine Van Schoonhoven and I
 did just that. We met near Boulder, 
shared a good meal in a restaurant with our husbands,
and continued a conversation we had already carried on
 for three years on our blogs.
It was like meeting an old friend for the first time.

Katherine generously surprised me with a sketchbook,
like those she fills with the wonderful drawings
 you can see on her blog.
As icing on the cake, she also included three cool pens.


I had also gotten her a little gift,
a fair-trade organic Chocolove
 73% cocoa chocolate bar with currants & almonds.
Yum!

Sadly, I ate it before she ever got here.


My apologies, Katherine.


Hey, I got you some virtual daffodils.
:0]

5 comments:

hw (hallie) farber said...

And these daffadils will stay fresh forever! You make me smile.

Casey Klahn said...

Kvan and Pvan are lovely. The proof. I want the proof by seeing the two of you bloggers in a photo, though.

I got you beat, Sam. I met 2 bloggers this week, and I will post @ When Bloggers meet, With photos.

SamArtDog said...

Uh-oh, Casey... we are proofless. Check Kvan's blog for further testimony, though.

Jala Pfaff said...

That's my fave new Chocolove flavor!!

Celeste Bergin said...

That's my favorite brand of sketchbook..I'll be watching to see what you'll sketch! :)