Friday, January 6, 2012

waiting


While you're waiting for me to post another painting,
I've been painting it. 
I've been taking Wolf Kahn's advice;
paint a landscape because
no one will say you're crazy if you put three legs on it.
Needless to say, I'm paraphrasing,
but not by much; it's close to a quote.
 He also says painting landscape gives us permission
to be free, to make a mess.
I'm taking him at his word.

I've also been waiting, waiting to go back to Hawaii.
In two weeks.
Yahoo!
Here's an iPhone daydream.



7 comments:

Jala Pfaff said...

What kind of art supplies will you bring to Hawaii this year? I'm jealous...as usual.

hw (hallie) farber said...

A great daydream house; obviously, you dream in color. Does this remind me of your dream house from a while back?

You don't need permission.

Eko said...

Great color, and skilful handling of ...
Composition and the vision of ...

I noticed something about convergence in my 'Twelfth Night, the image "with.
The topic is completely different from me.
Color and composition - perhaps thinking means ...!!

Celeste Bergin said...

I am taken with the "spatter" and the color--especially the green. I:)

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Can't wait to see the new painting and what happens when you try on a different mindset while doing it! Hawaii!! A great way for a mountain woman to get some ocean into her picture!

Casey Klahn said...

Glad you listened to WK. Keep it up!

SamArtDog said...

Jala--
Taking acrylics, sketchbook and the trusty iPhone. Also an iPad, but the iPhone is my main squeeze.

Hallie--
Your memory is a scary thing. http://samartdog.blogspot.com/2011/03/dream-house.html

Eko--
Welcome! Your photographs are quite wonderful.

Celeste--
Splatters are never purposeful; it's why we like them.

Kvan--
Yeah, and if I follow WK's a advice, the ocean doesn't have to be blue.

Casey--
Yup, the sea change might be pink.